Benefits of predictive project analytics
• Project review – “eyes and ears” for management
• Independent assessment of project planning, execution, and protects project investment
• Independent monitoring of emerging project risks helps control operational and
• Ability to determine the project portfolio risk profile
Lowers and contains project costs
• Independent assessment of project budget adequacy
• Independent assessment of ongoing budget needs and requests
• Prioritizes project so the right level of project management can be applied
Increase likelihood of project success
• Project of what could go wrong before it does go wrong
• Adherence to project plan
• Ability to identify the project performance cliffs
Gets projects back on track
• Unbiased, project-agnostic expertise alerts the project organization when timelines or
objectives are threatened
• Interim recommendations focus and project remediation
• Expertise to re-scope and re-plan as needed.
Improves the project organization and project practices
• Employment of generally accepted practices and methodologies
• Leverage project investment by not re-inventing the wheel
Full report here
At its Advanced Technology Fair, Cisco provided a glimpse of the near future by demonstrating how artificial intelligence can be used to improve meetings.
1. Voice enabled assistants
2. Improving meeting ergonomics.
3. Facial recognition.
4. Proactive listening
5. Virtual reality.
We’ve Reached the Tipping Point on Talent
Our customers tell us they are missing the critical technical skills that they need to grow and stay competitive in the 21st century—IT, network architecture, security, and automation. A lack of digital skills is the single greatest challenge to successfully implementing digital transformation. In fact, 69 percent of respondents to an IDC Worldwide Digital Leader Survey said their organization lacks the right people, knowledge, and technology to transform.
Some of the most valuable skills are the hardest to find. According to a report last year, 41 percent of CIOs expect to face a skills shortage in data science, business intelligence, and analytics, and more than a third see upcoming shortages in security and risk management. It now takes an average of 96 days to fill a job that requires expertise in cloud security, more than double the IT industry average.
It’s clear that companies will need to rethink their approach to this growing skills gap. Increasingly, leading organizations are partnering with third-party service organizations—such as Cisco Services—to fill in their missing capabilities while making the most of the talent they do have.
In case you ever wondered, details matter especially in project management
Latest troubled project report
Organization : US Department of Defense – USA
Project : Military aid
Outline : Forest pattern uniforms selected for desert type terrain
Date : Jun 2017 Cost : $28M
Jacques Cartier Champlain Bridge Corporation – Canada
Project type : Highway overpass construction
Date : Oct 2016 Cost : $11M CAD
Organization: Volkswagen Group (VW)
Project type : Vehicle emissions system
Project name : Unknown
Date : September 2015
Cost : Potential costs in the region of $18B
Full list here: http://calleam.com/WTPF/?page_id=3
The Brightest Brains of AI Meet at World Summit AI
On October 11–12 2017, IBM Watson AI XPRIZE lead, Amir Banifatemi, represented the prize and participated in two key panels at the World Summit AI event in Amsterdam. Amir took center stage in the ‘Humanitarian AI’ panel to discuss how AI can play a role in addressing humanitarian needs and benefit all segments of society. He also moderated the ‘Over the Edge AI’ panel, where two teams competing in the IBM Watson AI XPRIZE—aifred healthand lili.ai—discussed how they are trying to make breakthroughs in AI for the benefit of humanity.
“When the user views the mirror, the user sees a reflection from the mirror of illuminated objects in the scene and the transmitted images from the display device through the mirror, the transmitted images being perceived as part of the reflected scene,” the inventors say.